The Atik 420 is an excellent entry-level camera featuring a 2 megapixel Sony ICX274 sensor for high performance imaging without the price tag. It is ideally matched with shorter focal length refractors and Hyperstar systems for a fast imaging solution and wide fields of view, while sharing all the advanced benefits of our 4-Series cameras.
Features of the 4-Series
Our 4-Series is designed in such way as to combine power and control with flexibility and ease of use. The narrow body makes them ideal for use on Hyperstar and Fastar systems whilst maintaining suitability with a huge range of other telescopes. They feature fully regulated set-point cooling which makes for easy and consistent image calibration, though they feature such low noise that dark frames are no longer even a requirement, meaning you can spend more time imaging the things that matter.
The slim, ergonomic design of these cameras naturally comes in at a low weight to help minimize stress on the corrector plate. The desiccant port is readily accessible from outside the camera for easy maintenance , and a simple 12V power requirement is complimented by low power use to help you get the most out of your imaging sessions, whether in the observatory or in the field.
What's in the box?
- Camera body with 1.25'' adapter
- 3-metre USB cable
- 1.8-metre battery power connector (car lighter plug)
- CD-ROM with drivers, software and user's manual (PDF)
- Quickstart guide (paper)
- Our highly acclaimed Capture software is included for camera control and data acquisition, and plug-ins are included to allow use with Astroart and Maxim DL
- A universal (110-230V) power adapter is optional