2MPixel Atik 420
The Atik 420 is the first camera in its class to offer high performance regulated cooling, low power consumption and narrow body all in one. It is particularly well matched with the 6 and 8 inch HyperStar systems, where the narrow body and low heat dissipation make a difference, or with short focal lenght refractors, providing a very fast, high definition wide field of view. And without the price tag.
The Atik 4-Series cameras are a development of the 3-Series cameras, featuring a narrower body. These are particularly suitable if the camera is to be placed in front of the telescope in HyperStar or Fastar systems, as well as on custom-designed systems that need a narrow-bodied CCD camera. The cameras feature setpoint cooling to make taking matching dark frames a snap, and simple 12V power requirement to facilitate field operation.
Featuring the narrowest body in its class, the Atik 420 is one of the lightest cameras as well. But don’t think there was a compromise regarding cooling performance or stability. The cooler module has been engineered for low power use, making your field sessions last longer. Also, the desiccant port is now easily accessible from the exterior.
The Atik 4-Series are the smallest Atik cameras to date and they pack the highest density of performance ever.
What's in the box?
- Camera body with 1.25'' adapter
- 3-metre USB cable
- 1.8-metre battery power connector (car lighter plug)
- CD-ROM with drivers, software and user's manual (PDF)
- Quickstart guide (paper)
- Our highly acclaimed Capture software is included for camera control and data acquisition, and plug-ins are included to allow use with Astroart and Maxim DL
- A universal (110-230V) power adapter is optional