1.4MPixel Atik 314 +
As a result of extensive research and development, the 1.4MP Atik 314+ benefits include:
- USB2 performance for ultra-fast download speeds
- 1 megapixel/second readout, or 2 megapixels/second in preview mode
- advanced electronics to provide the best readout noise characteristics
- lightweight cases to put less stress on your focuser
- compact and symmetrical camera design which allows use with fork mounts, as well as with Starizona's Hyperstar system
- low power consumption - 12V, 0.8A - means longer imaging sessions in the field
- highly efficient set-point thermoelectric cooling - to 27º C below ambient temperature
- software-controlled cooling for automated operation.
Like its brother, the Atik 314E, this camera draws on all the advantages of this popular and highly successful platform. However, the Atik 314L also incorporates an exceptional Sony ICX285AL ExView 1391 x 1039 sensor with larger 6.45µ pixels, making it suitable for use on a wide range of telescopes. Readout noise is typically 4 electrons rms, making this an extremely sensitive camera. Data download takes only 1.8s for a full-frame readout, or 0.9s in preview mode.
The Atik 314L+ has exceptional linearity and low noise, making it ideal for recording scientific data. It has been used by amateurs and institutes worldwide to record a diversity of events, like exoplanet transits, solar corona studies during eclipses, and NEO surveys.