Features of the 4-Series
Our 4-Series is designed in such way as to combine power and control with flexibility and ease of use. The narrow body makes them ideal for use on Hyperstar and Fastar systems whilst maintaining suitability with a huge range of other telescopes. They feature fully regulated set-point cooling which makes for easy and consistent image calibration, though they feature such low noise that dark frames are no longer even a requirement, meaning you can spend more time imaging the things that matter.
The slim, ergonomic design of these cameras naturally comes in at a low weight to help minimize stress on the corrector plate. The desiccant port is readily accessible from outside the camera for easy maintenance , and a simple 12V power requirement is complimented by low power use to help you get the most out of your imaging sessions, whether in the observatory or in the field.
- Sensor Type: CCD - Sony ICX-274
- Horizontal Resolution: 1619 pixels
- Vertical Resolution: 1219 pixels
- Pixel Size: 4.4 µm x 4.4 µm
- ADC: 16 bit
- Readout Noise: 3e- typical value
- Gain Factor: 0.13e-/ ADU
- Full Well: ~9,000e-
- Dark Current: ~0.0001 electrons/ second at -10°
- Interface: Mini-USB 2.0 High Speed
- Power: 12v DC 1A
- Maximum Exposure Length: Unlimited
- Minimum Exposure Length: 1/1000 s
- Cooling: Termoelectric set point with max ΔT=-30°C
- Weight: approx. 400 gr
- Backfocus: 13mm ±0.5
- Available as mono or colour
- Pentium III PC with 128MB RAM
- Windows 10/Vista/Win7/Win8 (not RT)
- CD-ROM drive
- USB 2.0 port
What's in the box?
- Camera body with 1.25'' adapter
- 3-metre USB cable
- 1.8-metre battery power connector (car lighter plug)
- CD-ROM with drivers, software and user's manual (PDF)
- Quickstart guide (paper)
Our highly acclaimed Artemis Capture software is included for camera control and data acquisition, along with a full ASCOM driver. These are also available from our Downloads page.
A universal (110-230V) power adapter is optional.