Please Note: BETA testing was successfully concluded, and the latest drivers are now part of our Core Software Download.
Last month we released a BETA test for our drivers and DLL. With help from your feedback, we’ve made some alterations and improvements and are now ready to ready to run part 2 of our BETA test.
The key improvements with this version are:
- Support for Atik One cameras
- Solved Abort Capture issues experienced with the Atik One
- Improved reliability when using multiple applications
- Much faster than previous BETA version
- Works with all ASCOM-based applications, such as MaxIm DL and SGP
PLEASE NOTE: These drivers are not compatible with Atik 16-series cameras – please do not install if using one of these cameras
As before, you can email feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org, leave a comment at the bottom of this page or get in touch with us on social media. You can also discuss your findings over on our forum if you prefer – we have a thread for feedback here.
We’d like to thank everyone who took part in the first BETA test, your feedback’s been instrumental in improving the drivers. Even when everything works perfectly, that’s really useful for us to know, as well as hearing about any issues you encounter.
- You must unplug the camera before installing the new version
- You must install the ‘Drivers’ for the new version to work
- If using Infinity, you must reinstall with this new version
- You must reinstall ‘AscomInternalWheel’ if using an AtikOne filter wheel with ASCOM
- You must restart your machine after installing the new version
Reverting back to the original software:
If you want to revert back to the previous version, you must download the latest (non-BETA) core software download.
- It is best to use the uninstaller to uninstall the BETA version first
- You must install the drivers when reverting back
- You must keep the camera plugged in whilst installing the previous version
- If you are using Infinity, you will need to reinstall that
- You must reinstall ‘AscomInternalWheel’ if using an AtikOne filter wheel with ASCOM (I.e. MaxIm and SPG)
- Restart your PC after reinstalling
1) Camera not connecting when reverting to old version:
The most likely reason for this is that windows is holding onto the new drivers. To correct this situation, open up device manager and then find your camera in the list (It is usually in ‘Universal Serial Bus Controllers’, but might be in ‘Universal Serial Bus devices’ or ‘libusb (WinUSB) devices’). When you click on you camera, a button will appear in the top bar with a red ‘x’ on it. (If you hover over it, it will say ‘uninstal’. Click that button, then tick the ‘Delete the driver software for this device’ checkbox. Then press OK. This will delete the new driver. Then, if you unplug and reconnect the camera, the camera will find the correct driver).